The Center offers group nutrition classes and individual consultations.
Good nutrition is especially important for cancer survivors. In addition to helping you to maintain a healthy weight, good nutrition has the potential to reduce your risk of cancer recurrence of some types of cancers and to reduce the risk of secondary cancers.
Benefits of the Nutrition consultation include:
- Learn the benefits of healthy eating and the impact of healthy eating on quality of life
- Learn nutrition recommendations and key components of a healthy diet for cancer survivors
- Learn strategies for healthy eating: reading labels, healthy cooking, portion control
- Assess current nutrition and cooking habits
- Develop nutrition goals, monitor progress toward those goals, and adapt goals in necessary
- Indentify barriers to healthy nutrition and develop strategies to overcome them
To schedule an individual session please click here to send us an email and we will contact you to set up an appointment.
Our clinical dietitians have a minimum of
- A masters degree in clinical nutrition
- Current RD (registered dietitian) status by the ADA
- Certification by the CDR, the national credentialing governing body for dietitians
Appointment cancellation policy
We request a 24-hour notice of cancellation. Without notification, a full session may be deducted from the remaining appointments. The policy will not renew with the purchase of additional sessions.
Click For Directions
Watch nutrition videos featuring Karen Sabbath, MS, RD, CSO from Leever Cancer Center in Waterbury. Karen is also a cancer survivor.