Personal training is a great way to help cancer survivors achieve new fitness goals. Cancer survivors receive 3 free personal training sessions during their 30 day trial membership. After that time, personal training packages are available for purchase.
Trainers who work with cancer survivors at the Center for Survivorship are ASCM/ACS Cancer Certified Exercise Trainers (CET).
The benefits of working with a Trainer include:
- A personalized exercise program designed to meet your individual needs
- Individual instruction in proper technique and use of equipment
- Build on your program each visit to continually reach new goals
- Improve your strength and cardiovascular endurance
- Improve your flexibility with a proper stretching program
- Train for specific goals such as pre/post-operative training, an athletic event or a personal event
What to expect at your first session:
- Health history will be taken
- Review your personal goals
- Evaluation of function and strength
- Determination and explanation of target heart rate
- Explanation of strength and cardiovascular endurance
- Explanation of weight training concepts: sets, repetition, weights
- Survivors may be required to provide medical clearance before starting an exercise program
For individual personal training and nutrition appointments, we require 24-hour notice of cancellation. Without notification, a pro-rated amount for that session will be forfeited. This policy will not renew with the purchase of additional sessions.
Click For Directions
Learn the Benefits of Exercise for Cancer Survivors and some basics to begin with.